How much will I be paid?
The amount of Council Tax Support you are entitled to will depend on:
- how many children you have and their ages (called dependants)
- if you have a partner
- how many other adults live in your house and their income (called non-dependants)
- how much income and savings you and/or your partner have
- if anyone in your household is sick or disabled
- if you and/or your partner are a full time carer
- if you are of pensionable age
The exact amount can only be worked out after considering all the circumstances of each individual claim.
If you are of working age your entitlement will be reduced by a percentage. If you are of pension credit age the Government have prescribed the rules we must use to calculate your Council Tax Support.