Public conveniencesThe Council's public conveniences are cleaned and restocked at least twice daily, and are locked overnight.
This work is undertaken by ISS Support Services Ltd who have a contract with the Council until 2006.
In the event of a problem with the standard of cleanliness or maintenance of the conveniences please contact the Environmental Contracts Section on 01322 343290.
The Council maintains 5 sets of public conveniences - these are located at:
- Market Street - near Dartford town centre library
- Orchard Street - Westgate multi storey car park
- Central Park - near Cranford Road entrance
- Temple Hill Square
- Hesketh Park - near Park Road entrance
Conveniences are opened by 8.15am and closed at 6.00pm Monday to Saturday. Only the blocks at Market Street, Central Park and Hesketh Park are open on Sundays. Regrettably public conveniences cannot be left open for night time use because of the potential vandalism and misuse problem.
All the above conveniences include a special unit for the disabled, however these are only accessible by use of a RADAR key.
This arrangement is common throughout the UK and is the system favoured by the Royal Association for Disability and Rehabilitation (RADAR) to prevent unauthorised use of facilities provided for the disabled.
RADAR keys can be obtained from the Civic Centre by bona fide disabled residents of the Borough. There is a small charge for the keys to cover the cost of purchase by the Council from RADAR.
Baby change facilities
The conveniences at Orchard Street and Temple Hill Square have limited baby changing facilities.
In addition to the above Council conveniences, there are a number of privately operated conveniences, open to the general public, including:
- Orchard Shopping Centre - High Street, Dartford
- Priory Shopping Centre - Lowfield Street, Dartford
- Bluewater - Greenhithe
- Station Road, Longfield - Waitrose car park (automatic convenience)
- ISS Support Services Ltd - www.uk.issworld.com