Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy Notice/Fair Processing Statement PDF, 83.75 KB
- Data Protection Policy PDF, 52.61 KB PDF, 170.59 KB
Do you want to know what personal information the Council holds about you?
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, anyone has the right to find out what information the Council holds about them, by making a subject access request. Once received, the Council has 40 days to reply to the request.
You may obtain copies of your personal data and you have the right to have any inaccuracies erased or corrected. In special circumstances, you may have the right to compensation for inaccuracies, loss or destruction and unauthorised disclosure. Copy(ies) of the amended data will be given to you for approval, free of charge.
For further information on subject access rights, please visit the Information Commissioner's website www.ico.org.uk
Who is entitled to personal information?
In general, personal information will only be given to an individual, and then only with appropriate identification and on the payment of a £10.00 fee, although please note that a different fee regime (the Freedom of Information Act 2000) applies for information held in unstructured files (i.e. information which may be difficult to locate).
Requests for information about a person other than yourself will be rejected, except for the following common situations:
- Parents may request information about a child under 16, but there is no automatic right to the data;
- A solicitor may request information on behalf of a client.
How do I apply for information about myself?
Complete the Application Form PDF, 29.39 KB Send it to the Data Protection Officer with a cheque for £10.00 (made payable to Dartford Borough Council), identification etc, as requested on the form.
Once the Data Protection Officer is satisfied as to your identity, then the information you have requested will be supplied within the 40 day period.
Any enquiries should be addressed to the:
Data Protection Officer
Dartford Borough Council
Kent DA1 1DR
DX 142726 DARTFORD 7
Online: Contact the Data Protection Team
- Data Subject Access Request Application Form PDF, 126.66 KB
- Public Services Trust Charter PDF, 147.17 KB
- Records Management Policy PDF, 161.02 KB
- Data Retention Guidelines PDF, 487.66 KB