Check back here regularly to see what's happening in the Town Centre.
Don't forget Dad!
Remember it's Father's Day on Sunday 16 June! Pick up a great card and present from one of Dartford's fantastic independent shops.
Focus on… Our Portas BursariesFour more local entrepreneurs have been the lucky recipients of Portas Bursaries, helping them to get their businesses up and running, bringing the total to eight.
The entrepreneurs run stalls on the Thursday and/or Saturday markets and receive support from Dartford Borough Council and the National Market Traders Federation:
- Kew Pets - pet accessories
- Belle Boutique - ladies' fashion and accessories
- Wickenden & Grants - sugar-free sweets
- Newsstand Comics - American comics and sweets
STARTING THIS MONTH:
- Eva Etoile - hand-made jewellery
- Culichi - authentic Mexican kitchen
- T-Shirt Wonderland - 'Freshly Baked' tees
- Smother and Cover - iPhone and iPad cases
Special events in June…
- Sundays 2, 9, 16, 23 & 30 June: Free concerts at the Bandstand in Central Park, 2pm-4pm. For more info see www.dartford.gov.uk/events
- Saturday 15 June: Prepare for Father’s Day at The Orchards Shopping Centre from 10am-4pm! Make a fantastic gift and a card for your Dad! Plus quizzes will be hosted to win prizes throughout the day...
- Friday 21 June: Farmers Market in the High Street, 10am-2pm
- Saturday 29 June: The first Orchards Scale Model Show is being held in the Orchards Shopping Centre from 10am-4.30pm. See amazing exhibits by local clubs. There will also be the first showing of the models from the Orchards Junior Scale Model Club.
Have you seen Dartford Today?
Visit www.dartford.gov.uk/news for a daily update of what's going on in the town - from markets to children's activities and social groups to exercise classes!
In Dartford High Street every Sunday, 10am-4pmJoin us in Dartford High Street this Sunday as many local shops open their doors for Sunday trading. There will also be entertainment at One Bell Corner and market stalls in the High Street. All this is made even better by free parking in all Council-run car parks on Sundays!
Also, Dartford's town centre churches welcome all to their Sunday services.
Stores open on Sundays include:
- Beautiful Eyebrows
- Bon Marche
- Carphone Warehouse
- Chapstone Cards
- Dorothy Perkins
- Holland & Barratt
- JD Sports
- Love Coffee
- Memz Barbers
- New Look
- Nice Price
- Terry's Accessories
- The Sweetest Things
- Top Furniture
- WH Smith
- Plus cafes & restaurants