Every year Dartford Borough Council takes the boredom out of the summer holidays with our 'Summer Sizzlers programme - containing all the information needed to plan out an action packed summer holiday!
Details for 2013 are not currently available. Watch this space...
- Dartford Borough Council reserves the right to refuse admission to an activity or course
- Dartford Borough Council reserves the right to ask for proof of age should the need arise. This is because it is our aim to ensure that children enjoy a safe and fully supervised environment, which adheres to Ofsted Guidelines and therefore numbers for all activities are LIMITED to ensure correct ratios
- Dartford Borough Council reserves the right to cancel an activity or course without prior notifications. Activity cancellations shall be advertised on the Dartford Borough Council Summer Sizzlers webpage.
- A refund or credit will be given or an extra session organised.
- Courses with a charge need to be fully paid for in advance.
- Refunds will not be given for a course/s which has been paid for and not cancelled by Dartford Borough Council.
- Parents/carers must take responsibility for their child's behaviour during the sessions.
- All children MUST be collected on time as we are unable to supervise children after the end of the session.
- All children must be in good health and capable of taking part in the activity. If you are unsure please consult your GP before enrolling your child. All booking forms MUST have any known medical conditions stated, and in doing so, the parent/carer gives his/her consent that in the event of any illness/accident any necessary treatment can be administered
- Please note that any medication left for the child attending the session(s) must be clearly labelled with the child's name and date of birth and the child must be able to administer it by themselves
- The emergency contact number MUST be for someone who is contactable whilst the child is attending the session(s)
- Young people must be appropriately clothed i.e. t-shirt, tracksuit bottoms, shorts, trainers and waterproofs. Please bring a set of changing clothes if your child is taking part in a water sport
- Please note some facilities have limited or no changing facilities
- To help promote our service, photographs may be taken. These images may be used in various formats. If you do not wish your child's image to be used, please tick the appropriate box on the booking form
- Whilst staff will take every precaution to ensure that an accident does not happen, they cannot necessarily be held responsible for any loss, damage or injury suffered. Children are advised not to wear jewellery or bring mobile phones and other valuable items to sessions
- Parents should note that some sports carry an inherent risk of danger and this should be noted before enrolling a child on an activity or course
- We advise all children to bring a non fizzy drink and a healthy snack.
- Some venues have limited or no parking facilities or are located in a Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) area
- Please ensure your child arrives on time to every session as it is essential your child participates in the warm up and safety briefing which can both prevent injury
Data Protection Act 1998 Fair Processing Statement
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you register or apply for a Council service. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
How will we use the information about you?
Personal information which you supply to The Dartford Borough Council may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- To make decisions
- For fraud prevention
- For audit and debt collection
- For data matching initiatives
- For the assessment or collection of any tax or duty
- For the apprehension or prosecution of offenders
- For electoral registration purposes
- To assist in other Council statutory functions such as Environmental Health or Planning
- For statistical analysis
We may share information about you with other sources within the Council, fraud prevention agencies, HM Revenue and Customs, Courts, Bailiffs, Department of Works and Pensions, UK Border Agency, Audit Commission, other councils and organisations that are legally entitled to check, receive or share the information.
We will create and maintain computer and/or paper records on you.