To receive these updates and other Dartford news directly by email each day just click on the 'Stay Connected' logo at the top of this page and complete your details. You can then choose which topics you are interested in.
Friday 21 November 2014
- Dartford Farmers Market returns to the High Street today from 10am to 2pm with lots of delicious local produce including bread, fruit & veg, game and eggs. (Monthly – every third Friday of the month)
- Down at Dartford Library today the Talktime Group meets from 10.30am to 11.30am, the Papercrafts Group meets from 1.30pm to 2.30pm and it's Baby Rhyme Time from 2.15pm to 2.45pm. (Weekly)
- Friday Night Magic is on at the Meeting Place tonight from 6pm to 11pm. (Weekly)
- Dartford's Saturday Market is on in the High Street tomorrow so pop down and pick up a bargain! (Weekly)
- Dartford's parkrun takes place tomorrow (Saturday) morning from 9am in Central Park. To register for the 5km timed run visit www.parkrun.org.uk/dartford (Weekly)
Thursday 20 November 2014
- Visit the Thursday Market in its new home in Dartford High Street today. There are plenty of bargains to be had and some great live entertainment from Calli Malpas! For more information visit www.dartford.gov.uk/markets or like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/dartfordmarkets (Weekly)
- If you're coming into town later today, don't forget you can park in some council-run car parks for FREE after 3pm. Visit http://www.dartford.gov.uk/news/News-Archive/car-parks-will-be-free-after-three-this-christmas for details. (Thursdays & Saturdays)
- Pop in to Highfield Road Baptist Church to 'Be Creative' today – weekly tutored art classes and craft sessions. Classes run from 1pm to 4pm and entrance is free! See www.info.dartfordbaptist.org/be-creative.php for more information. (Weekly)
- The Kent Stop Smoking Service runs sessions throughout the week to support people who are quitting smoking. All sessions must be booked in advance by calling 0300 123 1220. Thursday's sessions take place in Dartford Library from 2pm to 5pm. (Weekly – various venues)
- Dartford's Farmers Market comes to town tomorrow with a great range of fresh local produce on offer. Find the Market in the High Street between 10am and 2pm. (Monthly – third Friday of the month)
Wednesday 19 November 2014
- Dartford Library Reading Group meet today at Dartford Library from 1.30pm to 3pm. Contact 03000 41 31 31 for more details. (Weekly)
- A Memory Café takes place today from 10am to 12noon at the Meeting Place. The café is a great place to share information and concerns about dementia and memory loss over a cup of tea or coffee in a safe and friendly environment. For more information call Ross Mullis on 01474 533990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (Monthly - every third Wednesday of the month)
- The Dartford Branch of the British Cactus & Succulent Society meets tonight from 8pm to 10pm at the Meeting Place. Doors open at 7.30pm. For more information about the Society visit www.dartford.bcss.org.uk (Monthly)
- Dartford's Farmers Market comes to town this Friday with a great range of fresh local produce on offer. Find the Market in the High Street between 10am and 2pm. (Monthly – third Friday of the month)
- The Mayor of Dartford's 60's Night takes place on Saturday 29 November from 7.30pm at Acacia Hall, with all proceeds going to the Mayor's charities. Tickets are just £10 each. To book contact Doreen Coleman on 01322 863730 or email email@example.com
- There are a whole host of great shows coming up at The Orchard Theatre this autumn and winter. To find out more and book tickets visit www.orchardtheatre.co.uk
Tuesday 18 November 2014
- Check out the talents of local artists at the Dartford Arts Network's exhibition in the Peter Blake Gallery in Dartford Library. The exhibition runs until 26 November and is open during normal library opening hours.
- Feeling crafty? Pop in to the Knit 'n' Natter group meeting from 1pm to 3pm today at Dartford Library. Bring your knitting or stitching and have a natter! Telephone 08458 247 200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. (Weekly)
- The Kent Stop Smoking Service runs sessions throughout the week to support people who are quitting smoking. All sessions must be booked in advance by calling 0300 123 1220. Tuesday's sessions take place Dartford West Health Centre from 4.30pm to 7.30pm. (Weekly – various venues)
- The Orchards Junior Scale Model Club meets in the Meeting Place tonight. For more details visit www.orchardsmc.net78.net or find them on Facebook!
- Shape up at an Aerotone class from 6.15pm to 7.15pm tonight at Acacia Fitness. Visit www.fitness.acacia-dartford.co.uk or call 01322 343490 for more information and prices. (Weekly)
- Help KCC make the most of Kent's money - your views count! Kent County Council are planning their budgets for the next three years and estimate that they will need to find £206m of savings. This is your opportunity to have your say about how they make those savings. Please go to www.kent.gov.uk/budget. The consultation closes on 28 November 2014.
Monday 17 November 2014
- Thank you to everyone who supported this year's Big Christmas Switch On in the High Street on Saturday! For your complete guide to Christmas 2014 in Dartford, visit www.dartford.gov.uk/christmas
- The Sew and Sews group meet today in the Meeting Place. New members can contact Celia Donoghue on 01634 714012 or Maureen Williams on 01322 227621 or just come along on the day and have a chat. There is a charge of £1 per meeting to cover tea/coffee and insurance.
- It's Baby Rhyme Time at Dartford Library today from 10.30am to 11am. (Weekly during term time)
- The Kent Stop Smoking Service runs sessions throughout the week to support people who are quitting smoking. All sessions must be booked in advance by calling 0300 123 1220. Monday's sessions take place in the Meeting Place from 6pm to 7pm. (Weekly – various venues)
- Meet new people and have fun at the Temple Belles women's group tonight from 6.30pm to 8pm at the Healthy Living Centre. For details visit www.hlcdartford.btck.co.uk/HLCProjects/TempleBelles (Weekly)