Thursday 23 May 2013
- Pick up a bargain at today’s market in Sainsbury’s car park until 3.30pm. (Weekly)
- Check out ‘Art from the Attic’ – a selection of local artworks from library archives – on display in the Peter Blake Gallery in Dartford Library until 26 June. For opening times visit www.kent.gov.uk/libraries
- Box Fit tonight from 6.30pm to 7.15pm at Becket Sports Centre. Visit www.becketsportscentre.co.uk or call 01322 280646 for more information. (Weekly)
- Why not pay a visit to Sally Ann’s Pantry, a community café run by The Salvation Army at their headquarters in Hythe Street. Open every Thursday from 10 am to 1.30pm, they serve teas, coffees and home-made food at very reasonable prices. For further details call 01322 288434. (Weekly)
- Pop in to Highfield Road Baptist Church to ‘Be Creative’ today – weekly tutored art classes and craft sessions. Classes run from 1pm to 4pm and entrance is free! See www.info.dartfordbaptist.org/be-creative.php for more information. (Weekly)
Wednesday 22 May 2013
- Have your say on the location options for the new Lower Thames Crossing at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-transport/series/lower-thames-crossing
- Dartford Library Reading Group meets today from 1.30pm to 3pm. Contact 08458 247 200 for more details. (Weekly)
- Introduce your little ones to the world of theatre today and tomorrow with ‘Tiddler’ – a show based on the books of Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler (creators of the Gruffalo). For details and to book visit www.orchardtheatre.co.uk or call 01322 220000.
- Improve your strength and posture at a Pilates class tonight from 6.30pm to 7.15pm at Becket Sports Centre. Visit www.becketsportscentre.co.uk or call 01322 280646 for more information.
- Get a warm welcome from The Over 55s Club who meet every Wednesday in the Tree Community Centre in Cedar Road. Have a sociable afternoon of bingo, chatting, tea and biscuits from 2pm to 4.30pm – all for 60p! (Weekly)
Tuesday 21 May 2013
- Feeling crafty? Pop in to the Knit ‘n’ Natter group meeting from 1pm to 3pm today at Dartford Library. Bring your knitting or stitching and have a natter! Telephone 08458 247 200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. (Weekly)
- Want your kids to learn more about cooking and nutrition? Get them down to the Dynamo Club on Tuesdays from 5.30pm-7pm at the Healthy Living Centre in Temple Hill. No booking required. For more information contact Meryl@hlcdartford.co.uk (Weekly)
- Strengthen your back and abdominal muscles at a Core Circuit class tonight from 7pm to 7.45pm at Becket Sports Centre. Visit www.becketsportscentre.co.uk or call 01322 280646 for more information. (Weekly)
- The summer season of free concerts at the Bandstand in Central Park starts on Sunday. Enjoy the sounds of the East Peckham Silver Band from 2pm to around 4pm. See www.dartford.gov.uk/events for the full programme. (Weekly to 25 August - except 21 July)
- Get moving on Bank Holiday Monday with street dance (ages 13-16) and cheerleading workshops (ages 7-12) at The Orchard Theatre. For details and to book visit www.orchardtheatre.co.uk or call 01322 220000.
Monday 20 May 2013
- The Sew and Sews group meet today from 10am to 4pm in the Meeting Place. New members can contact Celia on 01634 714012 or Maureen on 01322 227621 or just come along on the day and have a chat. There is a charge of £1 per meeting to cover tea/coffee and insurance.
- It’s Baby Rhyme Time at Dartford Library today from 10.30am to 11am. (Weekly during term-time)
- Pebbles Crafts - fortnightly craft club meets in the Meeting Place tonight at 6pm. Places are limited so call Liz or Del on 01634 311737 or 07757 496905 to book. For more information visit www.pebblescrafts.com (Fortnightly)
- Want to get your family healthier and fitter, meet new people and try a new sport or two? Pop along to the Family Sports Club today and every Monday from 6pm to 7.30pm in the sports centre at DSTC (formerly Dartford Technology College) in Highfield Road. No booking is required. For more information contact email@example.com (Weekly)
- Improve your strength, posture and flexibility at a Pilates class from 6.30pm to 7.15pm at Becket Sports Centre. Visit www.becketsportscentre.co.uk or call 01322 280646 for more information. (Weekly)