Friday 25 July 2014
- Down at Dartford Library today the Talktime Group meets from 10.30am to 11.30am and the Papercrafts Group meets from 1.30pm to 2.30pm. (Weekly)
- Dartford’s first parkrun takes place tomorrow (Saturday) then every Saturday at 9am in Central Park. For more info visit www.parkrun.org.uk/dartford (Weekly)
- Dartford’s Saturday Market is on in the High Street tomorrow so pop down and pick up a bargain! (Weekly)
- The Ultimate Eagles come to The Mick Jagger Centre tomorrow (Saturday) night. For details and to book tickets visit www.themickjaggercentre.com
- This year’s summer season of free concerts at the Bandstand in Central Park continues on Sunday. Concerts start at 2pm and end at around 4pm. Borrow a deckchair from us or bring your own picnic rug and enjoy the sounds of the East Peckham Silver Band! For full details visit www.dartford.gov.uk/by-category/leisure-and-culture2/events/bandstand-programme
Thursday 24 July 2014
- Grab a bargain and check out some of the great stalls at Dartford market today in Sainsbury’s car park. Why not pay a visit to our two Portas bursaries that have recently moved to shops too? There’s Hollyrox in the Orchards Shopping Centre and Newsstand Comics in the Clock Tower. (Weekly)
- Pay a visit to Sally Ann’s Pantry, a community café run by The Salvation Army at their hall in Hythe Street. It’s open every Thursday from 10 am to 1.30pm with teas, coffees and home-made food at very reasonable prices. (Weekly)
- Pop in to Highfield Road Baptist Church to ‘Be Creative’ today – weekly tutored art classes and craft sessions. Classes run from 1pm to 4pm and entrance is free! See www.info.dartfordbaptist.org/be-creative.php for more information. (Weekly)
- The Dartford Sharks Basketball Team train at Becket Sports Centre every Thursday. To find out more about the team and maybe joining them visit www.dartfordbasketballclub.co.uk
- Enjoy a circular Health Walk in the sunshine today! The walk starts at 11.30am at the War Memorial in Central Park. (Weekly)
- It’s not too late to register to take part in Dartford’s first parkrun! The timed 5km run will be taking place in Central Park every Saturday from 26 July. Visit www.parkrun.org.uk/dartford for details.
Wednesday 23 July 2014
- Dartford Library Reading Group meet today at Dartford Library from 1.30pm to 3pm. Contact 03000 41 31 31 for more details. (Weekly)
- Get out and enjoy Central Park in the sunshine today!
- Get a great workout at a Combat Conditioning class this evening from 6pm to 7pm at Acacia Fitness. Visit www.fitness.acacia-dartford.co.uk or call 01322 343490 for more information and prices. (Weekly)
- Shape up at a Bums and Tums class tonight from 7.30pm to 8.30pm at Becket Sports Centre. For more details see www.becketsportscentre.co.uk or call 01322 280646. (Weekly)
- Kent County Council’s Six Ways to Wellbeing campaign is offering an annual pass to all of its Country Parks as a prize in its photography competition. Just send a photo of a part of Kent that makes you feel good. It could be a view of your favourite street or building, a snapshot of hills and fields or a glimpse of the sea. Take your photo - tell us where you’ve taken it and, if you want to, why it makes you happy. Then send it to email@example.com by midnight on Sunday 31 August 2014.
Tuesday 22 July 2014
- Feeling crafty? Pop in to the Knit ‘n’ Natter group meeting from 1pm to 3pm today at Dartford Library. Bring your knitting or stitching and have a natter! Telephone 03000 41 31 31 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. (Weekly)
- Pay & play badminton this morning from 10am to 12noon at Acacia Fitness. Visit www.fitness.acacia-dartford.co.uk or call 01322 343490 for more information and prices. (Weekly)
- It’s not too late to register for the new Dartford parkrun that takes place every Saturday in Central Park from 26 July. For more information and to register visit www.parkrun.org.uk/dartford (Weekly)
- With the summer holidays approaching, this year’s Summer Sizzlers activities are booking up fast! Visit www.dartford.gov.uk/summersizzlers for the full list of children’s summer holiday activities.
- Get a great workout at a Body Blast class from 8pm to 9pm tonight at Becket Sports Centre. Visit www.becketsportscentre.co.uk or call 01322 280646 for more information. (Weekly)
Monday 21 July 2014
- A huge thank you to everyone who supported the Dartford Festival this weekend! We welcome your feedback so if there is anything you’d like to comment on – good or bad - please email us at email@example.com, send us a message on Facebook at www.facebook.com/dartfordfestival or tweet us @dart_fest.
- The Sew and Sews group meet today in the Meeting Place. New members can contact Celia Donoghue on 01634 714012 or Maureen Williams on 01322 227621. Alternatively just come along and have a chat. There is a small charge of £1 per meeting to cover tea/coffee and insurance.
- Meet new people and have fun at the Temple Belles women’s group tonight from 6.30pm to 8pm at the Healthy Living Centre. For details visit www.hlcdartford.btck.co.uk/HLCProjects/TempleBelles (Weekly)
- This year’s Summer Sizzlers activities are booking up fast! Visit www.dartford.gov.uk/summersizzlers for the full list of children’s summer holiday activities.
- Dance yourself fit at a Zumba class this evening from 6pm to 7pm at Acacia Fitness. Visit www.fitness.acacia-dartford.co.uk or call 01322 343490 for more information. (Weekly)
Last Updated: 25th July 2014