- What your Council Tax pays for
Your council tax helps pay for important local services provided by different public authorities.
For each pound we collect, the authorities listed below each received the following share of your money:
73p Kent County Council
10p Dartford Borough Council
11p The Police and Crime Commissioner for Kent
4p Kent and Medway Fire & Rescue Authority
2p Town and Parish Councils (average)
Below is a list of some of the local services that each authority provides:
Kent County Council
- Social Services
- Adult Social Care
- Community and living
- Roads and transport
- Environment and planning
- Health and wellbeing
- Leisure and culture
For more information on the services Kent County Council provides and their budget details.
Dartford Borough Council
- Community and Housing
- Refuse collection and recycling
- Environmental services
- Housing Benefits
- Leisure services
- Street cleaning, transportation and parking
- Planning services
More information is available on the services we provide and also full details of the Council's budget.
For more information about Council Tax amounts:
- About your Council Tax 2019-20 PDF, 137.46 KB
- About your Council Tax 2018-19 PDF, 125.52 KB
- About your Council Tax 2017-18 PDF, 50.7 KB
- About your Council Tax 2016-17 PDF, 49.07 KB
- About your Council Tax 2015-16 PDF, 48.41 KB
- About your Council Tax 2014-15 PDF, 73.22 KB
The Police and Crime Commissioner for Kent
- Crime detection
- Crime reduction
- Attending road traffic incidents
- Responding to emergencies
- Firearms licensing
- Neighbourhood policing teams
- Tackling serious and organised crime
For more information on the services the Police provide and their budget details.
Kent and Medway Fire & Rescue Authority
- Saves lives and reduces risks from fire and other emergencies
- Educates on fire prevention
- Provides home fire safety checks
For more information on the services the Fire Service provides and their budget details.
Town or Parish Councils
- Maintaining local assets including allotments, common lands, burial grounds, play areas, tennis courts, litter bins, seats and ponds.
Town and parish council contact details.