Name: Overpaid Council Tax Support
Description: Overpaid Council Tax Support

Overpaid Council Tax Support

Overpayments can be caused if you do not tell us about a change quickly enough.  If you have been given too much Council Tax Support (CTS) we will write to you explaining:

  • The reason for the reduction in your entitlement,
  • How much you have been overpaid,
  • What period it relates to,
  • How it will be recovered.

All overpayments of CTS are recoverable and the overpaid amount will be added back to your Council Tax account.  You will be sent a new Council Tax bill showing how the amount needs to be paid.

If you disagree with the reduction in your entitlement you can write to us explaining your reasons and ask for the decision to be reconsidered.

Last Updated: 07th December 2018 Print Link