COVID-19 and support for our businesses
Support for Business
In view of the relaxed restrictions around retail from Monday 12 April we’ve made the three posters below available for shops and traders to download and display.
Our Town Centre hosts will also be sharing some around the town, so feel free to request some from them, they’re here to help.
COVID-19 Business Grant Support
Business support line
Our dedicated telephone support line for Coronavirus related issues is available Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm. The service is delivered by the Kent and Medway Growth Hub. Telephone: 0333 360 2300
Outbreak management advice
What to do in the event of one or more confirmed cases of Coronavirus in your organisation or business:
Action Cards and resources for reporting an outbreak for different types of businesses / events / premises are now available.
Placing tables and chairs on public pavements
Apply to us for a licence to place tables, chairs and other temporary street furniture on public payments.
Government support schemes
The Government is delivering a range of schemes to support businesses affected by Coronavirus.
Operating as a hot food takeaway
The Government is allowing restaurants, cafes and pubs which do not currently offer delivery and hot food takeaway to do so.
Find out about the operating as a hot food takeaway
Social distancing poster
Poster for shops and takeaways to encourage customers to social distance.
Coronavirus advice for businesses
Other Key Links
- Funding schemes for sport and physical activity affected by COVID-19
- Support for those that are self-employed support scheme. In addition, the Government has pulled together FAQs relating to the scheme
- A new ‘support finder’ tool has been launched to help businesses and self-employed people across the UK to determine what financial support is available to them during the COVID-19 pandemic. The tool on gov.uk asks business owners and the self-employed to fill out a simple online questionnaire. Users are then directed to a list of all the financial support they may be eligible for. Read more about the tool here
- CBI – Coronavirus – best practice for business
- Information from our Environmental Health department regarding COVID-19
- The National Lottery Community Fund has opened two applications streams, with no income restrictions and funding to be spent within the next 6 months for both:
- 'Awards for All' for voluntary and community organisations with projects supporting people affected by the crisis. £300 - £10,000
- 'Reaching Communities' for organisations with activities supporting people affected by the crisis and those organisation who are struggling financially because of the impact of COVID-19. £10,000 - £100,000