COVID-19 and support for our businesses
Support for Business
Dartford Borough Council understands that the changing situation unfolding around the Coronavirus outbreak is causing uncertainty for our business community.
We want to make sure that businesses have access to the right information
COVID-19 Business Grant Support
Business support line
Our dedicated telephone support line for Coronavirus related issues is available Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm. The service is delivered by the Kent and Medway Growth Hub. Telephone: 0333 360 2300
Businesses urged to prepare for NHS COVID-19 app
The NHS COVID-19 app is scheduled to launch on Thursday 24 September. Before then, businesses like pubs, restaurants, hairdressers and cinemas are being urged to ensure they have NHS QR code posters visible on entry so customers who have downloaded the app can use their smartphones to easily check-in.
Once the COVID-19 app is working, customers and visitors will be able to check-in on entry with their phone instead of filling out a check-in book. Using QR codes will help businesses meet the new legal requirement to record the contact details of customers, visitors and staff on their premises
The new app will allow NHS Test and Trace to contact customers with public health advice should there be a COVID-19 outbreak in a premises.
Outbreak management advice
What to do in the event of one or more confirmed cases of Coronavirus in your organisation or business:
Action Cards and resources for reporting an outbreak for different types of businesses / events / premises are now available.
Placing tables and chairs on public pavements
Apply to us for a licence to place tables, chairs and other temporary street furniture on public payments.
Government support schemes
The Government is delivering a range of schemes to support businesses affected by Coronavirus.
Operating as a hot food takeaway
The Government is allowing restaurants, cafes and pubs which do not currently offer delivery and hot food takeaway to do so.
Find out about the operating as a hot food takeaway
Social distancing poster
Poster for shops and takeaways to encourage customers to social distance.
Coronavirus advice for businesses
Other Key Links
- Funding schemes for sport and physical activity affected by COVID-19
- Support for those that are self-employed support scheme. In addition, the Government has pulled together FAQs relating to the scheme
- A new ‘support finder’ tool has been launched to help businesses and self-employed people across the UK to determine what financial support is available to them during the COVID-19 pandemic. The tool on gov.uk asks business owners and the self-employed to fill out a simple online questionnaire. Users are then directed to a list of all the financial support they may be eligible for. Read more about the tool here
- CBI – Coronavirus – best practice for business
- Information from our Environmental Health department regarding COVID-19
- The National Lottery Community Fund has opened two applications streams, with no income restrictions and funding to be spent within the next 6 months for both:
- 'Awards for All' for voluntary and community organisations with projects supporting people affected by the crisis. £300 - £10,000
- 'Reaching Communities' for organisations with activities supporting people affected by the crisis and those organisation who are struggling financially because of the impact of COVID-19. £10,000 - £100,000