Dartford Borough Council’s response to COVID-19
Cllr Jeremy Kite, MBE
How Dartford Borough Council is responding to the situation
Everyone at Dartford Borough Council recognises that the unfolding coronavirus outbreak is bound to cause anxiety in our community.
We’d like to reassure you that the Council has long-established plans for coping with many of the circumstances now facing us. We’re focussing on the safety and welfare of our residents and closely monitoring the changing situation to adapt the way we work and deliver services to you.
The Council is prioritising the needs of the most vulnerable but recognises the need for support and service right across our communities. Issue by issue, we are tackling the concerns before us and adapting our key services to meet local need, public health guidance and national policies. We are also working together with a huge number of community partners to ensure we are united and effective in the face of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Our key responsibilities are to protect our communities (especially those who are vulnerable), maintain priority service delivery and assist our business community. This may mean we provide services in a different way and naturally we are cutting back on a number of the events and public initiatives we normally do.
For our business community we are committed to ensure that all available help is channeled to you with the maximum of speed and minimum of bureaucracy.
Dartford Borough Council is working closely with Public Health England and partners to respond to the evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation.
- You can keep up to date with the latest information on Coronavirus on the Government website
- Or visit NHS UK for advice and information
- Public Health England has also provided guidance for employers and businesses
- Follow this link for more information for businesses from the DBC website
- We have also updated our Housing pages
- Waste and recycling information can be found on our Refuse and Recycling pages
- Local information on Coronavirus including service updates is available on the Kent County Council website
Finally, a COVID-19 WhatsApp bot has been launched to provide key information from GOV.UK and the NHS on COVID-19. To start receiving messages, users should send “Hi” via WhatsApp to the number 07860 064422. International users can use +44 7860 064422. For further information follow these instructions.