Discretionary Business Grants Scheme - Closed on 15 june 2020
Dartford Discretionary Grant
Dartford Borough Council are pleased to launch a new scheme to support small businesses and charities who are not eligible for any other Covid-19 related scheme.
The Dartford Discretionary Grant scheme is now closed. It was open from 1st June and closed on 15th June, so businesses had 14 days to apply.
This is not a loan, it’s a one-off non-repayable government cash grant.
Each application will be assessed against the Council’s Discretionary Business Grants Policy PDF, 148.09 KB and grant will be awarded according to need. Due to expected significant demand, most awards will be below £10,000 in order to ensure that we can support as many businesses as possible.
Please bear with us as we consider your application. We have several to assess and follow up. We know finding out the result of the application is important to you but we cannot respond to individual queries as we need to focus on the assessment process.
The following business will be prioritised for grants:
- Small businesses in shared offices or other flexible work spaces
- Regular market traders
- Bed & Breakfasts which pay Council Tax rather than business rates
- Charity properties in receipt of Charitable Business Rates Relief rather than Small Business Rates Relief
The grants are primarily aimed at:
- Businesses with ongoing fixed building-related costs
- Businesses which can demonstrate that they have suffered a significant fall in income due to the Covid-19 crisis
- Small Businesses as defined by the Company Act 2006
- Businesses that were trading on 11th March
- Businesses which occupy property, or part of a property, with a rateable value or annual rent or annual mortgage payments below £51,000