Discretionary Business Grants Scheme
Dartford Discretionary Grant
The Dartford Discretionary Grant scheme is now closed.
Each application will be assessed against the Council’s Discretionary Business Grants Policy PDF, 148.09 KB and grant will be awarded according to need. Due to expected significant demand, most awards will be below £10,000 in order to ensure that we can support as many businesses as possible.
The following business will be prioritised for grants:
- Small businesses in shared offices or other flexible work spaces
- Regular market traders
- Bed & Breakfasts which pay Council Tax rather than business rates
- Charity properties in receipt of Charitable Business Rates Relief rather than Small Business Rates Relief
The grants are primarily aimed at:
- Businesses with ongoing fixed building-related costs
- Businesses which can demonstrate that they have suffered a significant fall in income due to the Covid-19 crisis
- Small Businesses as defined by the Company Act 2006
- Businesses that were trading on 11th March
- Businesses which occupy property, or part of a property, with a rateable value or annual rent or annual mortgage payments below £51,000