Dartford has a fantastic tradition of hosting markets, and as well as holding traditional weekly markets on Thursdays and Saturdays, there's also the Farmers' Market at 10am-2pm every third Friday of the month.
Our regular markets:
The Thursday Market
Dartford's weekly Thursday Market is held in Dartford High Street.
There are a wide range of goods on sale as well as several food and drink concessions for those who want some refreshment whilst shopping.
The Saturday Market
The Saturday Market also takes place in Dartford High Street from 9am to 5pm and is extremely popular with shoppers and traders.
Typical items available at Dartford Markets:
- Food - fruit and greengrocery, frozen foods, fresh meat, fresh fish and shellfish, groceries, sweets
- Fashion - men's, ladies and children's, clothes, sportswear, shoes, trainers, accessories
- Jewellery - gold, silver, costume jewellery, watches
- Home and garden - garden plants, cut flowers, garden furniture, kitchenware, linen, curtains, electrical goods, computer hardware/software, carpets, cd's and tapes
- Refreshments - hot and cold drinks, sandwiches, rolls, cakes, burgers and oriental cuisine
The Market management team are members of the Dartford Town Against Crime (DTAC) scheme, which is committed to making the retail environment a better and safer place to trade and shop. Further details about the DTAC scheme can be found on the Community Safety webpages
To find out more about renting a pitch on either of Dartford's Markets, please contact our Market Manager on 07876 441460, or contact the Markets Team online.
The Farmers' Markets provide the chance to buy local produce straight from the farmers, producers and growers and typically produced from a 30 mile radius of Dartford. Shoppers are able to buy a range of fresh goods such as bread, cake, plants, jams, preserves, potatoes, eggs, seasonal fruit and vegetables and plants.
The Farmers' Markets take place in Dartford High Street on the third Friday of the month from 10am to 2pm. The dates for the 2021 Farmers' Markets are to be confirmed.