Test and Trace Support Payments
If you are working and on a low income, you may be entitled to a one-off payment of £500 if NHS Test and Trace has told you to self-isolate.
To qualify for the payment, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test & Trace or on or after 8 March 2021 your child has been told to self-isolate due to being in close contact with someone who has tested positive, and you are unable to work due to looking after them
- You are employed or self-employed
- You cannot work from home and will lose income as a result of having to self-isolate
- You receive one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
- Housing Benefit
- Pension Credit
If you meet all the other criteria above but do not currently receive one of the benefits, you may still qualify for a payment if you will face financial hardship as a result of being told to self-isolate. To be considered you will need to meet all of these additional criteria:
*You must be 18 years old or more
*Your normal gross earnings must be no more than £300/week and no less than £80/week
*Your capital must be less than £3,000
*You must demonstrate that you will suffer financial hardship by having to self isolate
If you are not able to gain access to this payment as your bank or building society account is overdrawn, you can apply for protection though a first right of appropriation of funds PDF, 205.48 KB order.
Apply for a Test and Trace Support Payment
Before you apply, please make sure you have the following information to hand:
- Your National Insurance number
- Your eight digit NHS Test and Trace Account ID
- A recent pay slip or proof of self-employment
- A recent bank statement in your name
If you are applying because your child has been told to self-isolate due to being in close contact with someone who has tested positive, and you are unable to work due to looking after them please contact us first.
People in the same household can each make an individual application to receive the payment, if they each meet the eligibility criteria.