Member Code of Conduct and Interests' Registers
On 16 July 2012, Dartford Borough Council adopted a Code of Conduct. The Code was reviewed and the amendments adopted by the Council on 16 December 2013. The Code describes how Councillors and [voting] Co-opted Members on committees of the Council should conduct themselves. Parish/Town Councils in the Borough of Dartford must also adopt a code of conduct.
Where to see the Codes of Conduct
- Dartford Borough Council PDF, 83.27 KB - contact Member Services (01322 343251) if you want to be sent a copy.
- Bean Parish Council PDF, 168.74 KB
- Darenth Parish Council PDF, 86.13 KB
- Longfield and Newbarn Parish Council PDF, 84.2 KB
- Southfleet Parish Council PDF, 131.42 KB
- Stone Parish Council PDF, 46.63 KB
- Sutton at Hone and Hawley Parish Council PDF, 83.83 KB
- Swanscombe and Greenhithe Town Council PDF, 100.17 KB
- Wilmington Parish Council PDF, 83.69 KB
Please contact the relevant Parish/Town Clerk for further information regarding their own code of conduct or if you want to be sent a copy.
Under the Localism Act 2011, the Council is required to make its own arrangements for dealing with complaints that Members had failed to comply with the Member Code of Conduct and these arrangements must include the appointment of at least one Independent Person. The Council's Independent Persons are:
- Marion Agyemon c/o Member Services, Civic Centre, Home Gardens, Dartford Kent DA1 1DR
- Linda Comstive c/o Member Services, Civic Centre, Home Gardens, Dartford Kent DA1 1DR
Members' Registers of Interest
There are rules governing disclosures of interest and withdrawal from meetings where Members have relevant interests. Councillors, [voting] Co-opted Members and Parish/Town Councillors are required to record their disclosable pecuniary interests on a public register.
Where to see the Registers of Interest
The Registers of Members' Interests for the Borough Council and the eight Parish/Town Councils are maintained by the Monitoring Officer and available for public inspection on the this website. Each Parish/Town Council is also required to publish its own Register on its website. Entries on the Registers may change from time to time. There will inevitably be an administrative delay between receiving notification of a change and updating the on-line versions of the Registers.
Hard copy versions of the Registers are held at the Civic Centre, Home Gardens, Dartford Kent DA1 1DR and may be inspected, by appointment, during office hours. Appointments may be made by contacting Member Services on 01322 343430 or Online: Contact the Members Services Team