What you can expect from our investigation
What a complainant can expect
- We will contact you within 5 working days to discuss your complaint.
- We will contact the 'alleged offender' (normally by letter).
- We will keep your details confidential
- You may be requested to keep diary sheets PDF, 299.75 KB of the problem (for up to 4 weeks).
- If requested diary sheets are not returned, we cannot progress your case and it will be closed.
- We will assess returned diary sheets (if requested) and determine what action to take (this may include closing the case).
- We will gather evidence to determine the extent and nature of the problem. This may involve visits to your property, visits to the alleged offender, taking photographs or the installation of a noise nuisance recorder at your property.
- The case officer will determine what action, if any, can be taken based on available evidence.
- If no action can be taken, you will be advised that this is the case.
- If any legal action we take is challenged you may be asked to appear in court.
What a person being complained about can expect
- We will try and contact you to discuss the complaint.
- We will keep you informed of any evidence we obtain.
- We will act impartially and make professional unbiased decisions.
- If we consider that you need to take action, we will notify you as soon as possible.
- We will, where possible, help you to comply with the law.