1st February 2021 - Important COVID Information relating to our building control service during the COVID-19 outbreak
We provide services to ensure the safe construction and condition of all types of buildings in Dartford. In this way, we help protect the health and safety of all people who use the buildings.
Check your Building Control Application status or find historic application data relating to a property via My Property.
Make a new Building Control Application - Important service improvement - Please note that all online Building Control application will now be submitted electronically via the Planning Portal online forms. The first time you use this service you will need to register as a new user and then you will be able to complete your online application and attached drawings and calculations etc.
To calculate the required fees please view the relevant fee table on the Building Control fee tables and application forms page and then call Building Control Administration on 01322 343204 to make your payment.
Building Control Service
We check that new building work in Dartford meets the standards of the Building Regulations.
Building Regulations Approval is the means by which we check that a building is built to these standards. If you want to carry out any building work, you must find out whether Building Regulations apply. If so, you must apply for Building Regulations Approval.
Are you concerned about the safety of a privately owned building? If so, please contact Building Control
We provide a full range of building surveying services to the Council and other clients, these include:
- Emergency officers available at all times to survey dangerous buildings and structures
- Ensuring that demolition work is carried out safely and does not damage the environment including advice to contractors, clients and professionals
- Advice on means of escape in case of fire and access for the disabled in both residential and commercial buildings
- Advice on safety at sports grounds and other events
We are here to give you advice if you are considering or have submitted a building regulation application.
It is possible that your project may require planning permission, it is important that you check whether this applies to you before submitting a building regulation application.
This section aims to give you a step-by-step guide through both the plan and inspection phases of the process:
- How do I make an application?
- Do I need building regulations approval?
- The building notice route
- The full plans route
- Demolition services
- Dangerous structures
- How to avoid cowboy builders
- Guide to extending your home
Commercial and Special Projects
At Dartford we provide a professional Building Regulation service to building project teams within the construction industry.
We believe that communication is at the heart of any successful team. To show this commitment we positively encourage you to involve us in your project team at the earliest stage of your process. We can give you building regulation advice at pre-tender, design and construction phases of your scheme.
We will designate an experienced Building Control Surveyor to work with you and look after your project, produce associated reports and assist you through the Building Regulations and allied legislation processes.
Our technical excellence has been gained over many years of dealing with all building types and designs in Dartford.
We offer you:
- Early pre-application advice from the earliest stages of the project design
- Facilitation of meetings between you, other Council departments and the Kent Fire Service
- Site meetings whenever you want them
- Receipt of electronic plans
- Negotiable fees
- Value for money
- For further information please contact us
Building Control Annual Financial Statements
Local Authorities are required by The Building (Local Authority Charges) Regulations 2010 to publish an annual financial statement relating to their Building Regulations Chargeable and Non-Chargeable Account.
The financial statements for Dartford Building Control for the past three years can be viewed below.