Safe Building Control Inspection Guidelines
Safe Building Control inspection guidelines for builders/owners - Coronavirus update
With the ongoing anxiety around Coronavirus (COVID-19), and the Omicron variant, we would like to reassure you that here at Dartford Building Control we are working closely with our employers, Dartford Borough Council, to ensure we can continue to provide a quality Building Control service
The health and safety of our staff, our customers and community are our top priorities and at the heart of all our decisions. For this reason, we have put together some FAQs to help reassure you that we are doing everything we can to ensure ‘business as usual’ as far as practically possible.
If your question isn’t answered here, then please contact one of our customer service team on: 01322 343434, email email@example.com
Site inspection regimes to mitigate health risks while on site
Internal inspection are currently at the building control officer's discretion, including completion inspections. Internal inspection of works may be agreed via video/photographic evidence at the discretion of the Building Control Surveyor.
Please Note: photographic evidence will need to be able to identify the site location for it to be acceptable and Building Control Surveyors will review and confirm acceptance or any issues back to the owner/builder as soon as possible.
We will continue to make external site inspections on a risk assessed basis and you will be asked the following set of screening question when confirming site inspection bookings:
- Is anyone at the property suffering from Coronavirus symptoms such as a new cough and high-temperature?
- Is anyone self-isolating or been in contact with someone who has been confirmed of having Coronavirus?
- Have the builders carried out a site risk assessment that we are safe to attend site?
Pre Site Inspection protocol
In addition to these screening questions, to protect the safety of all concerned, please note the following information to enable our surveyors to carry out the inspection as safely as possible:
- Facemasks/coverings should be worn by anyone attending the site inspection while the Building Control Surveyor is on site
- We would also ask that a suitable distance be maintained during site inspection – if not, then the Building Control Surveyor may decide it is unsafe to continue and leave site, explaining why, and the inspection may be terminated.
Good Site Practice you can expect from our Building Control Surveyors
- When arriving on site they will confirm that there are no Coronavirus symptoms and the occupiers are not self-isolating. If in doubt they may not enter site
- They will decline to shake hands
- They will wear face masks/visors and gloves provided while on site
- They will maintain a safe distance from others on site
- They will sanitise their hands before and after leaving site with hand gel