Development Policies Plan Document
- Draft Policies Map 2016 - June 2016 Update - Please refer in the interim period before adoption to the Submission policies map.
- (For background purposes only, the following is still available but was replaced by the draft policies map produced at Submission stage:
- East PDF, 4277.01 KB
- West and
- Town Centre PDF, 2640.04 KB . Please note the town centre boundary has not changed from that adopted in the Core Strategy).
Here is a guide to each topic area PDF, 139.17 KB in the Development Policies Plan document.
Development Policies Local Plan document (Publication stage):
Representations received at Pre-Submission stage. The Development Control Board then resolved to apply policies DP1-DP8, DP10 to DP19 and DP21 to DP25 and to give appropriate weight to these in making decisions on planning applications.
The Council's emerging Development Policies Plan Document has undergone significant consultation at pre-submission stage (and before View the Draft Plan and Options document for consultation).
The Development Policies Plan was then submitted for Examination in June 2016. Supporting documents for the published Plan included the following (more extensive documentation can be found at submission/ examination stage):
- Sustainability Appraisal PDF, 2351.1 KB
- Sustainability Appraisal Non-Technical Summary PDF, 459.57 KB
- AMR 2016 PDF, 1370.4 KB
- Statement of Representations Procedure PDF, 84.67 KB
- Equalities Impact PDF, 331.57 KB
- Habitats Regulation Screening Assessment PDF, 2280.57 KB
Engagement and the Duty to Cooperate:
- Statement of Consultation PDF, 1253.31 KB
- Officer summary responses to 2015 Public Consultation PDF, 355.93 KB
- Local Development Scheme (LDS 2016-18) PDF, 777.09 KB
- Duty to Cooperate Statement January 2016 PDF, 3508.01 KB
- Interim Duty to Cooperate Statement PDF, 1421.03 KB
- Duty to Cooperate Protocol PDF, 255.88 KB
- Protocol Explanatory Guide PDF, 255.7 KB
Housing and Cross Cutting topics (Policies DP1 - DP13):
- Evidence of Reasoning: NPPF and Core Strategy Compliance Update PDF, 1196.95 KB
- Five Year Housing Land Supply PDF, 560.61 KB
- Five Year Housing Land Supply Cabinet Report PDF, 129.24 KB
- Housing Windfall SPD PDF, 472.94 KB
- Gypsy, Traveller and Travelling Showpeople Assessment PDF, 1338.33 KB
- GTTS Draft Implementation Strategy PDF, 572.65 KB
- Areas of Special Character PDF, 1284.19 KB
Policies/ topics relating to Policies Map designations (particularly DP14 onwards):
- Local Shopping Report 2015/16 (Policies DP14-19) PDF, 1948.25 KB
- Local Shopping and Town Centre Study
- Identified Employment Sites (DP20) PDF, 443.58 KB
- Open Space Update Report 2015/16 PDF, 1025.58 KB
- Green Grid and Open Space update paper PDF, 958.49 KB
- Playing Pitches Note PDF, 410.69 KB
- North Kent Bird Disturbance Report PDF, 3550.46 KB
.Please contact us online or call 01322 343213 with any queries.
Representations from Pre Submission stage