Town Centre, Windfall, Parking & Northern Gateway SPDs background
Town Centre Framework 2018
The Adoption Statement PDF, 153.58 KB summarises main modifications made to the document in response to consultation and where the Framework can be see in hard copy form.
For full details of the consultation/response see the Consultation Statement PDF, 672.93 KB
A summary leaflet PDF, 1337.37 KB outlines the plans for the Dartford Town Centre.
For further explanation and background, reports by experts are available on bus provision and parking PDF, 1797.26 KB. See the fact file PDF, 239.87 KB and a background independent market review PDF, 569.74 KB for data on the growth of the town centre and its commercial potential.
- View the Adoption Statement PDF, 98.15 KB
- View the Northern Gateway SPD: Modifications Document PDF, 278.74 KB
The Draft SPD is supported by the following documents:
- Northern Gateway Strategic Site Background Paper 2010
- Northern Gateway Primary School Site Assessment (March 2012) PDF, 588.91 KB
- Consultation Statement PDF, 130.21 KB
- Sustainability Appraisal Screening Assessment PDF, 127.71 KB
The SPD sets out detailed guidance explaining how policies in the Core Strategy will be applied in the determination of planning applications at the Northern Gateway. This includes design considerations; infrastructure requirements and developer contributions for each development site; and locations for infrastructure and community facilities such as junction improvements and a new primary school.
A consultation on the Draft SPD was carried out between 3 November and 1 December 2011.
Responses to the consultation have been considered and taken into account in preparing the SPD for adoption.
- View the Adoption Statement PDF, 101.65 KB
- View the Parking Standards SPD: Modifications Document PDF, 220.52 KB
The SPD is supported by the following documents:
- Parking Standards Background Paper (updated 2012) PDF, 2287.96 KB
- Consultation Statement PDF, 138.89 KB
- Sustainability Appraisal Screening Assessment PDF, 181.17 KB
A consultation on the Draft SPD was carried out between 15 April and 23 May 2012. Responses to the consultation have been considered and taken into account in preparing the SPD for adoption.
An early draft version of the SPD was made available for comment in May 2014. The draft Housing Windfall SPD was updated based on the comments received during this early stage consultation, as well as feedback received in the course of using the Windfall Sites Practice Note for determining planning applications .
The revised Housing Windfall SPD was approved for consultation by Cabinet on 24th July 2014. The consultation period ran from Friday 25th July until Friday 5th September 2014. The Housing Windfall SPD was updated based on the comments received during consultation. Please see the Adoption Statement and Public Participation Statement for further details.