STATUS tenant satisfaction survey 2008
STATUS is a standardised tenant satisfaction survey, which the government requires all stock owning local authorities to carry out every two years. The aim of the survey is to measure tenant satisfaction with various elements of the Council's landlord housing service which informs national indicator 160.
The survey was sent out between September and November 2008 to a random sample of 2,500 general needs Council tenants. From this a total of 951 surveys were returned, representing a response rate of 38%.
The Main Headline Results
The findings of the survey report that 77% respondents are satisfied with the overall service provided by Dartford Borough Council.
Housing and Services
Respondents rated the following aspects of their home and neighbourhood:
- 76% were satisfied with the overall quality of their home
- 72% were satisfied with the general condition of the property
- 72% were satisfied with the neighbourhood as a place to live
- 74% were satisfied with the value for money for their rent
Respondents rated the following aspects of services provided by the Council:
- 74% were satisfied with the advice on rent payments
- 53% were satisfied with the advice on moving home
- 53% were satisfied with the support provided to new tenants
- 52% were satisfied with the support provided to vulnerable tenants
- 73% were satisfied with how enquires are dealt with generally
Contact with Landlord
Of those respondents who had contact with the Council in the last year, 68% were satisfied with the final outcome of contact.
Repairs and Maintenance
Of those respondents who had repairs or maintenance work carried out over the last year, 76% were satisfied with the way the Council dealt with these.
Communication and Information
74% of respondents felt the Council was good at keeping them informed and 59% were satisfied that their views were being taken into account.
15% of respondents had reported anti-social behaviour in the last year and:
- 57% were satisfied with the advice provided by staff
- 42% were satisfied with being kept informed
- 41% were satisfied with the support provided by staff
- 43% were satisfied with how the report was dealt with
- 44% were satisfied with the speed at which the report was dealt with
- 36% were satisfied with the final outcome of the report
Tenant Participation Compacts
27% of respondents were aware of the tenant participation compact. Of those that had heard of the compact 72% were satisfied with it (net satisfaction +69).