Welcome to our Housing Signpost Page
If you need help to find the right housing information or service you should find it signposted from here.
Just select the category that best fits your current housing circumstances and follow the links.
To help us point you in the right direction please select the appropriate link below.
- Homeless or threatened with homelessness with or without a connection to the Dartford Borough? - Contact the Housing Solutions’ Team
- Fleeing domestic abuse or need to talk to someone? - Contact the Housing Solutions’ Team and/or follow this link: (https://www.dartford.gov.uk/search-results?queries_query_query=domestic+abuse)
- Living in private rented housing and been given a Notice to Quit from your landlord? - Contact the Housing Solutions’ Team
- Having problems at home or are under 25 and need housing advice? - Contact the Housing Advice Team or speak to the Housing Management Team if you are a council tenant.
- Looking to apply to join the Council’s Housing Register? - Complete an application form for Kent Homechoice. Please note that you need to have lived in the Dartford Borough for two or more years up to the point of your application to be eligible, with some exceptions.
- Looking for general housing advice? - Contact the Housing Solutions’ Team
- Looking for help with your Kent Homechoice application? - Contact the Housing Allocations’ Team
- Looking for private rented housing and have a deposit? - Contact a local rental agency (www.naea.co.uk/find-agent)
- A first-time-buyer with mortgage arrangements in place? - Register with an estate agent (www.naea.co.uk/find-agent) or a new homes sales office
- A first-time-buyer without mortgage arrangements in place? - Take advice from an independent mortgage adviser
- A first-time-buyer interested in shared ownership or alternative home ownership Options? - Register with the Help to Buy agent at (https://www.helptobuyagent1.org.uk/help-to-buy-application-form-equity-loan/) or contact a local housing association directly.
- Looking to move to a larger property without mortgage arrangements in Place? - Take advice from an independent mortgage adviser.
- A homeowner looking to move to a smaller property? - Register with an estate agent (www.naea.co.uk/find-agent) or new homes sales office
- A homeowner with mortgage payment difficulties or endowment shortfall? - Take advice from an independent mortgage adviser
- A tenant currently living in private rented housing and wanting to move to a smaller property? - Contact a local rental agency (www.naea.co.uk/find-agent)
- Over 50, living in your own property and looking to move into a retirement or care home - Research local care homes and contact a financial adviser
- Over 50 and living in private rented, housing association or Council property, looking to move into housing scheme accommodation - visit the housing scheme page.
- Looking for information on custom and self-build housing options or want to register with us? - Visit our dedicated custom and self-build page.
- A Homeowner looking for help to adapt your home - Contact the Private Sector Housing Team
- A Council Tenant looking for help to adapt your home - Contact the Housing Maintenance Team
Service and Ex Service Personnel
Dartford Borough Council is committed to giving fair support to members of the Armed Forces, veterans and their families and has signed an Armed Forces Community Covenant.
If you are looking for social rented housing in Dartford, please visit our dedicated Armed Forces page.
Gypsies and Travellers
- Looking for advice on private sites and pitches? - Contact the Private Sector Housing Team
- Looking for advice on the Council’s managed site? - Contact the Housing Management Team