Name: Housing support
Description: Housing support

Housing support

Housing support banner

Housing support can help you manage your housing situation better and prevent problems getting worse.

Discretionary Housing Payments are extra payments for people who claim Housing Benefit and are struggling with their housing costs. It can be used for things such as a rent deposit, rent in advance or lump sum expenses like removal costs.

Dartford Borough Council works in partnership with other agencies to advise, educate and promote energy efficiency schemes, grants and discounts to residents in the Borough. Visit our energy efficiency and conservation page for more information on the Council's current energy efficiency initiatives.

Housing related support is also known as 'floating support' and helps you maintain your independence in your own home if you're facing eviction, or fleeing domestic violence or experiencing harassment, or leaving an institution. It can help you to set up and maintain a home or tenancy, manage your finances and benefit claims, develop independent living skills, gain access to other services, and ensure your accommodation is safe and secure. You can apply yourself or speak to a professional already working with you and ask if they will refer you.

Smart Advice for Everyone (SAfE) offers free help with problems such as debt, benefits, housing and employment. Their free drop-in service is open every Wednesday from 10.30am until 1pm at Temple Hill Living Well Centre and every 2nd and 4th Wednesday from 10.30am to 12.30pm at the Community Centre, St Mary Greenhithe.

Last Updated: 08th March 2019 Print Link