Name: Divorce or separation
Description: Divorce or separation

Divorce or separation

divorce or separation banner

It can be a difficult time when couples separate or a marriage ends. Practical issues may need sorting out and it's in the best interests of your children to try to do this amicably.

Kent Family Mediation Service offers family mediators who are trained to work with people whose relationships have broken down. They help you sort out disputes and work out what happens after you split up – without involving big legal fees or going through a long drawn-out court battle – 01795 410457.

Citizens Advice offer practical, up-to-date information and advice on a wide range of topics including the legal aspects of ending a relationship. There's a Dartford branch of Citizens Advice where you can call into one of their drop-in sessions or for more complicated queries, an appointment may be booked for a longer interview – Telephone Adviceline 0300 330 9001.

Gingerbread provides support and advice to single parents to help them meet their family needs and achieve their goals. They offer online advice and a helpline that gives advice on all sorts of things including dealing with a break-up. Helpline 0808 802 0925.

Last Updated: 02nd December 2020