What is Floating Support:

Floating Support is a free service that provides housing-related support to vulnerable people for short periods of time from a few weeks up to two years, hence the term "floating". It is paid for by money provided by government to our Supporting People team, and this money is used to pay other organisations to provide support to new and existing tenants, to people in temporary housing, or to those who are homeowners. The aim is to help people who are in difficulties to remain independent and sort out the difficulties they are having. Floating support is not available to residents of the Council's supported housing schemes.

Floating support is available for single people, couples or those who are part of a family group.

The kind of support provided:

Floating support can provide help and advice in all sorts of areas. Examples of the type of support available and the circumstances in which it can be provided are given on the KCC Floating Support information leaflet.

I need help. What do I do next:

Contact the Supporting People team for more information.

Supporting People
Room 4.02
Sessions House
County Hall
ME14 1XQ

Telephone: 01622 694953 or 01622 694825