European Union Referendum 23 June 2016
Combined Election – 7 May 2015
- Dartford Parliamentary Election Results May 2015
- Dartford Borough Election Results May 2015
- Dartford Parish and Town Council Election Results May 2015
- Parish and Town Council elections 2015 - Uncontested Elections PDF, 166.7 KB
- GEN Appointment of Election Agents PDF, 15.08 KB
- Notice of Local Borough election PDF, 68.53 KB
- Bean PDF, 76.45 KB
- Darenth PDF, 54.39 KB
- Longfield & New Barn PDF, 56.12 KB
- Southfleet PDF, 54.66 KB
- Stone PDF, 66 KB
- Sutton at Hone PDF, 58.6 KB
- Swanscombe PDF, 50.65 KB
- Wilmington PDF, 54.68 KB
- UK Parliamentary Election PDF, 65.39 KB
Review of Polling Districts and Polling Places 2014
The Council is conducting a review of its Polling Districts and Polling Places. This was subject to public consultation which ended on 8 August 2014. The consultation document is attached below. The Council will be assessing feedback received from the consultation before concluding the review in early October.
Dartford Borough Council holds Borough elections every four years, with the last on Thursday 5 May 2011. There are total of 44 Councillors who are elected in 17 wards. Between one and three Councillors are elected in each ward.
- Brent Ward - Election Results 13 November 2014
- Littlebrook Ward - Election Results 13 November 2014
- Stone Ward - Election results 27 March 2014
- Swanscombe Ward - Election results 5 December 2013
- Newtown Ward - Election results 27 June 2013
- Castle Ward - By-Election results 27 September 2012
- Borough Election results May 2011
Town and Parish elections
These elections are held once every four years. In the Dartford Borough Council there is one Town Council and seven Parish Councils. The Parish Councils have between six and 12 elected members and the Town Council has 20 elected members.
- Stone Village Ward By-election - Results - 21 July 2016
- Notice of poll - Stone Village Ward, Stone Parish Ward
PDF, 89.02 KB
- Stone Village Ward By-election - 21 July 2016 - Statement of Persons Nominated PDF, 41.2 KB
- Stone Village Ward By-election - 21 July 2016 PDF, 7.9 KB
- Stone Parish - Election results 27 March 2014
- Parish and Town Councils Election results May 2011
Polling for the Parliamentary elections last took place on Thursday 6 May 2010.
Parliamentary elections take place every five years .
Elections for the European Parliament take place every five years.
The local results for the European Parliamentary Election and a list of the MEP's for the South East Region can be seen below
- European Parliamentary Election 2009 results and link to South East MEPs
- European Parliamentary Election 2014 - Local Results
- European Parliamentary Election 2014 - S.E. Region Results
The next Kent County Council election is on Thursday 4 May 2017. For more information please go to Kent County Council Elections.
Error in Nomination Electoral Registers for Dartford East and Swanscombe and Greenhithe Electoral Divisions
It has come to our attention that following the review of Kent County Council boundaries in 2015 a change was made to boundaries which affect the Dartford East and Swanscombe and Greenhithe electoral divisions and which became effective in May 2016. This transferred the Castle Ward, polling district CA, from Swanscombe and Greenhithe division to Dartford East. Consequently the nomination registers that have been issued to Candidates and Agents before 30 March 2017 are erroneous in this respect.
We would ask candidates who are using nomination registers issued to them before 30 March 2017 and seeking election in Swanscombe and Greenhithe division not to list subscribers from the part of the register marked CA as these now sit in Dartford East. This has not affected any nomination papers that have been delivered to us to date.
We will be re-issuing correct nomination registers to previous recipients and apologise for any inconvenience caused.
The results for the previous KCC election on 2 May 2013 to fill the six County Electoral Division seats in Dartford can be seen below.
- Kent County Election 2 May 2013 - Dartford area results
- Kent County Council Elections - Thursday 2 May 2013. Full County results
Police and Crime Commissioner elections
The first Police and Crime Commissioner elections took place on Thursday 15 November 2012.
The next scheduled Police and Crime Commissioner elections are due to take place on Thursday 5 May 2016.
he Cabinet sets the overall policy and budget for the Council – setting priorities and resources to meet the needs of the community.
Dartford Borough Council is carrying out a review of polling districts and polling stations in the borough, as required by the Review of Polling Districts and Polling Places (Parliamentary Elections) Regulations 2006.
Parliamentary boundary review
Councillor Avtar Sandhu was elected as Mayor of Dartford for 2014/15 at a formal ceremony at Dartford's Civic Centre on Wednesday 7 May.
European parliamentary election results
You no longer have to have a reason to vote by post. If you decide that you do not want to go to the polling station at the time of an election your ballot paper can be sent to you at home or to an address of your choice.
You may register to vote by completing an annual canvass form which is sent to every property in the borough during August-September each year or at any other time of year by contacting the Electoral Registration Office who will send you a form to complete and return in order add you to the Electoral Register (which is updated on a monthly basis)
On Thursday 15 November 2012 an election was held for the first Police and Crime Commissioner for the Kent Police Area, one of 41 elections taking place across the country (not including London).
PCC Election Result for Dartford
How to apply to become a member of parliament for Dartford
Guidance on becoming a Local Councillor is produced by the Electoral Commission
Applications can be downloaded from the Electoral Commission, or by completing this application form PDF, 194.11 KB
Local results for the European Election