The Statement of Accounts is a summary of the financial performance for the year and the financial position of the Council.
The Council's accounts are prepared in accordance with the Accounts and Audit Regulations and the Code of Practice on Local Authority Accounting in the United Kingdom and the associated guidance issued by the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy.
2021/22 Statement of Accounts:
Statement of Accounts 2021-2022
The audit of the Council’s financial statements for the year ending 31 March 2022 has been completed. However, Grant Thornton have not issued thier certificate of completion of the audit at this time because:
• They are required to issue a report on the Council’s arrangements for securing economy, efficiency and effectiveness in its use of resources. We have not completed this work because we have applied the special provisions in the National Audit Office’s guidance for auditors (in Auditor Guidance Note 03) and will be completing this work to a later timescale. We plan to complete this work and issue our Auditor’s Annual Report by 31 December 2022, which is within three months of the date of the opinion on the financial statements, as permitted under the special provisions in AGN 03; and
• They cannot formally conclude the audit and issue an audit certificate until we have completed the work necessary to issue our Whole of Government Accounts (WGA) Component Assurance statement for the year ended 31 March 2022.
Previous years Statement of Accounts:
- Statement of Accounts 2020 - 2021
- Statement of Accounts 2019 - 2020
- Statement of Accounts 2018 - 2019
- Statement of Accounts 2017 - 2018
Other related documents:
- Audit Findings Report 2020 - 21
- Audit Findings Report 2019 - 20
- Audit Findings Report 2018 - 19
- Audit Findings Report 2017 - 18
- Audit Findings Report 2016 - 17