How do you qualify:
New ratepayers occupying certain shops in Dartford High Street, Orchards Shopping Centre and Priory Shopping Centre may qualify for discretionary rate relief.
The qualifying conditions are:
- Shops must be designated as Use Classes A1 and A3 of the Town and Country Planning Acts
- The ratepayer must be an independent trader (ie: not a national chain) and either has not occupied any premises in the designated area or has occupied new premises as a result of expanding the business
- If rent is payable, the landlord must have granted a rent free period of at least three months during the first year of occupation
- The ratepayer must have applied for and been considered for Small Business Rate Relief before applying for a discretionary award
- New occupations by charitable organisations will not qualify
What do you get:
Relief will be available (supplementing any award of Small Business Rate Relief) so as to provide total relief of 100% for six months subject to a maximum amount of discretionary rate relief of £2,500 in any financial year.
How do you apply:
Please complete the Town Centre Relief application form.