Name: What if I disagree with a decision?
Description: What if I disagree with a decision?
Skip to content Accessibility access to: Home page Accessibility access to: Accessibility

What if I disagree with a decision?

When we make a decision about your Council Tax Support we will send you a letter explaining how we have reached that decision.  You should check this letter carefully.  If you disagree with our decision you can ask us to:

  • Explain our decision
  • Look at our decision again (this is called a reconsideration)

You can ask us to explain our decision at any time.  If you want us to look at a decision again you must write to us giving full reasons why you think our decision is wrong.

If, after a reconsideration, our decision remains unchanged and you still disagree you can appeal directly to the Valuation Tribunal.  You can also go straight to the Valuation Tribunal if you ask us for a reconsideration and we do not reply to you within two months.

Last Updated: 07th December 2018 Print Link

Share Facebook Share Twitter