What if I think someone is claiming fraudulently?
Council Tax Support fraud is when someone lies about their situation to get a reduction in their council tax. Things they might not tell us about include:
- Living with a partner
- Receiving other benefits or income
- Starting work or now earning more money
- Inheriting money or property
- Going abroad, living abroad or changing address
- Having savings and not declaring the full amount
- Claiming for children that do not live at home.
People fraudulently claiming Council Tax Support are stealing from us all. If you suspect that someone is falsely claiming a reduction in their council tax please tell us by calling the hotline number 01732 227299 or by Contacting us Online.