What if I think someone is claiming Housing Benefit fraudulently?
Benefit fraud is when someone lies about their situation to get benefit. Things they might not tell us about include:
- Living with a partner
- Receiving other benefits or income
- Starting work or now earning more money
- Inheriting money or property
- Going abroad, living abroad or changing address
- Having savings and not declaring the full amount
- Claiming for children that do not live at home.
People fraudulently claiming benefit are stealing from us all. If you suspect any form of benefit fraud you can report it to the National Fraud Hotline:
- By telephone on 0800 854 440 (your call is free and you do not have to give your name or address)
- Online at www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud
- By post to NBFH, PO Box 224, Preston PR1 1GP