Neighbourhood Watch is a community-run initiative using Partner Agencies such as the Police and Council to help prevent crime and anti-social behaviour in your area.
How can Neighbourhood Watch help me?
- Provide reassurance to local residents, especially the elderly, to reduce the fear of crime and anti-social behaviour,
- Encourage neighbourliness and closer communities,
- Cut crime and the opportunities for crime and anti-social behaviour,
- Improve the quality of life for local residents and tenants,
- Work together with the police, local authorities and other agencies to reduce crime and disorder by sharing information,
- Identify issues of local concern, involve the community in deciding what problems to target and what actions to take,
- Provide feedback to residents in return for intelligence and incidents reported to the police. Most insurance companies will give a discount if you are in a registered NHW scheme.
What can I do to help Neighbourhood Watch?
Keep an eye out for trouble and report any suspicious activity to the Police or NHW Co-Ordinator. Reporting can be anonymous.
NHW can be run pro-actively or covertly, whichever suits best.
GO ON, GIVE IT A GO – MAKE YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE, WORK AND PLAY!