Dartford also has a number of organisations through which you can seek advice or assistance depending on your needs.
The Citizens Advice Bureau is frequently the first port of call if you need guidance
Below are some number of national helplines that may also be of help to you:
- Age UK - 0800 169 6565
- Alcoholics Anonymous - Contact via Samaritans, GP or Citizens Advice Bureau
- Samaritans http://www.samaritans.org
- Samaritans Bexley & Dartford Branch - 020 8301 1010
- Child Support Agency - 0345 713 3133
- National Drugs Helpline - 0800 776600
- National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC) - 0800 800500
- Royal National Institute for the Blind (RNIB) - 020 7388 1266
- Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) - 01492 532780
Are you looking for a venue in which to start a club or hold a celebration? If so, there are several community centres in the Borough that have rooms and halls for hire:
- Temple Hill Community Centre (Council-owned)
- Tree Community Centre (Council-owned)
- Joydens Wood Community Centre (not Council-owned)
Volunteer Community Transport Service
The NWK Volunteer Service provides an affordable driver service for the older and less able members of the community to help them get to medical appointments and social & recreational activities.
For more information, visit www.nwkentvolunteers.org.uk or download the leaflets from the 'Relevant Documents' section on the right.