Microchipping, Collar and Tag
DOG MICROCHIPPING SERVICE
Under ‘The Microchipping of Dogs (England) Regulations 2015 it is compulsory for all dogs over the age of eight weeks in England to be fitted with microchips and registered on an approved database.
Dogs will need to be microchipped and registered with their keeper's contact details.
The only exemption from the requirement is where a vet has certified in writing that a dog is unfit to be microchipped.
Dartford Borough Council are working with The Dogs Trust to provide a free microchipping service for a limited time, please call us on 01322 34 34 34 or use the below link to make an appointment with the Animal Control Officer.
It is important to keep your dog's chip details up to date. If you don't know your microchip provider and need to make a change, contact one of the companies below who will provide details for you:
UK MICROCHIPPING DATABASES
- Petlog - 01296 336 579
- Anibase - 01904 487 600
- Animal Tracker - 01279 219 777
- PetIdentity UK - 0800 975 1960
- PETtrac - 0200 652 8977
- SmartTrace - 01208 420 999
- National Veterinary Database - 0330 123 9924
- Protected Pet - 08452 262 712
- MicroChip Central - 01223 790 100
Further details on microchipping can be found here on the Dogs Trust Website
BE A RESPONSIBLE OWNER AND KEEP YOUR DOG SAFE:
- Never tie your dog outside a shop
- Do not leave your dog unattended in a car
- Never allow your dog to stray
- Never ask a stranger to keep an eye on your dog
- Be aware of strangers, especially if they are asking questions about your dog
- Ensure fencing around your property is adequate and secure and check on your dog when it is along in the garden
COLLAR AND TAG
The Control of Dogs Order (1992) states that 'any dog in a public place should wear the name and address of the owner either inscribed on the collar or a name plate or disc attached to it'.
Having up to date contact details on your dog's tag is often the quickest way for you to be reunited with your dog should the worse happen. You can order a dog tag from the Dogs Trust.