Residents can now use the NoiseApp to log and record noise disturbances using their Android or Apple mobile device. Residents are able to create a diary of noise events which can then be used by our team of officers to help them assess your complaint.
The NoiseApp is free to download from the www.thenoiseapp.com or from the Google Play and Apple App Store.
There is no cost to residents using the NoiseApp although mobile data charges may apply when not linked to a Wi-Fi network.
- Once you have downloaded the NoiseApp you will need to register and create an account.
- When requested, select 'Dartford and Sevenoaks EH' as your 'investigator'
- You will need to provide a valid email address
- You will need to agree to the terms of service and allow the application access to the microphone on your device.
How to make recordings
- To make a recording- press the orange and white disk in the bottom right hand corner of the screen
- Select the address you are complaining about if listed or 'New Address' if not
- Press and hold the 'orange and white disk' for up to 30 seconds to make a recording
- You can play back the recording using the 'play function'
- Press the X button to delete the recording
- Press the tick button to save and submit the recording
- You will be asked a number of questions about the noise recording which will help us assess your problem. Please complete these as accurately as possible
The first time you use the NoiseApp
Once downloaded, you can immediately use the NoiseApp to make a record of noise disturbances. However our officers will not have access to your logs and recordings until you have registered your complaint with the Environmental Protection Team.
Guidance on Use of the NoiseApp
- Please do not try to record all of the noise- we only need a sample of the noise you are complaining about.
- Record the noise at its worst
- Try to minimise noise in your own home when recording
- If the noise occurs for long periods- take a recording when it starts and then a maximum of 1 recording per hour.
- Take a short recording when the noise stops- make it clear this is what you have done.
- Make sure you carefully read and answer the questions asked after you submit the recording- this information helps us assess your complaint.
- Remember that the record you make could be used in court as evidence
- Further advice can be found at www.thenoiseapp.com or you can watch 'The Noise App- Walkthrough Video'