Tips and hints for all emergencies
- Keep calm. Reassure others. Think before acting.
- Help yourself before helping others.
- Check for injuries.
If people are injured or in danger:
- Dial 999, report the situation, follow the advice you’re given.
- Stay informed via local radio and TV.
If you’re not directly involved but think you could be at risk, remove yourself and others from danger.
- GO IN to a building not threatened by the emergency.
- STAY IN until you’re advised to do otherwise.
- TUNE IN to local TV or radio for more information.