- Secure or store loose objects outside that could blow into windows.
- Close and fasten doors and windows securely.
- Park vehicles in a garage or well away from trees, buildings, walls and fences.
During high winds
- Stay indoors as much as possible - don’t go outside to repair damage during a storm.
- Find shelter in a substantial, permanent, enclosed building.
- Slow down if driving on exposed routes, such as across bridges.
- Find alternative, less exposed routes if possible.
- Take particular care of side winds if driving a high-sided vehicle or if you’re towing another vehicle or container.
- Don’t touch electrical or phone cables that have blown down or are hanging loose.
Last Updated: 20th June 2019