Local authority searches
To provide our customers with an effective and economical search service, Dartford Borough Council has signed up with electronic search providers
We would recommend that you use the electronic service as it has a number of benefits over a postal search:
- IT IS CHEAPER - Our costs are significantly less than for a postal search so we pass that saving on to you. There is also no cost to use the post or the DX
- IT IS QUICKER - It reduces your turnaround time. Electronic results are returned to you within minutes of completion. It is also quicker to submit electronically than it is to send through the post/DX
- IT IS GREENER - It withdraws the need for printing and processing paper copies
- IT IS EASY - The electronic search provides an easy to use facility for your search needs
- IT IS WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS WANT! - More than 50% of our customer can't be wrong
Our internal deadline for electronic searches is 5 working days rather than 10 working days for postal searches
The sites that you can use to submit an online search are:
Some of the services use NLIS protocols to provide links to Dartford Borough Council.
The links above to the websites should provide you with all the information that you need to submit an online search to Dartford.
Dartford Borough Council do not accept paper copies of the prescribed forms or payment by cheque. All searches must be submitted electronically.