Name: What to recycle
Description: Black boxes have been replaced by grey wheeled bins for dry recyclables. They should be filled with dry recyclable materials as shown below, and left out alongside your green wheeled bin or black sack, on your normal refuse collection day

What to recycle

The following items can go into your grey recycling bin:Image of Recycling Bin

  • Paper (including shredded): Newspapers, magazines, catalogues, envelopes, directories.
  • Cardboard: Packaging, food boxes, cardboard sleeves. Please flatten boxes.
  • Cartons: Tetra Pak® and other food, drink and long-life cartons.
  • Household metal: Metal jar lids & tops, biscuit and sweets tins, empty aerosol cans, food and drinks cans, kitchen foil, aluminium containers.
  • Household plastic: All plastic bottles. Please remove spray or push top lids.
  • Plastic pots, tubs and trays (PPTT): Yoghurt pots, margarine & ice cream tubs, fruit punnets, ready meal trays. But we cannot recycle black coloured pots, tubs or trays.

*Please do not use black sacks for recycling, although the Council is permitted to accept additional recyclable waste in translucent sacks.

The following items can go into your black box:Image of Recycling Box

  • Glass: All glass bottles and jars. Metal jar lids and tops go into your recycling bin.

Your recycling is really making a difference - thanks!

Last Updated: 27th September 2019 Print Link