What to recycle
The following items can go into your grey recycling bin:
- Paper (including shredded): Newspapers, magazines, catalogues, envelopes, directories.
- Cardboard: Packaging, food boxes, cardboard sleeves. Please flatten boxes.
- Cartons: Tetra Pak® and other food, drink and long-life cartons.
- Household metal: Metal jar lids & tops, biscuit and sweets tins, empty aerosol cans, food and drinks cans, kitchen foil, aluminium containers.
- Household plastic: All plastic bottles. Please remove spray or push top lids.
- Plastic pots, tubs and trays (PPTT): Yoghurt pots, margarine & ice cream tubs, fruit punnets, ready meal trays. But we cannot recycle black coloured pots, tubs or trays.
*Please do not use black sacks for recycling, although the Council is permitted to accept additional recyclable waste in translucent sacks.
The following items can go into your black box:
- Glass: All glass bottles and jars. Metal jar lids and tops go into your recycling bin.
Your recycling is really making a difference - thanks!