Committed to supporting people with Dementia in Dartford
The Alzheimer's and Dementia Support Service is a local charity that offers support, advice and information to people who are living with dementia in Dartford, Gravesham, Swanley and the surrounding areas.
Families and carers of people who are affected by dementia are often unaware of services that are available to them and do not know who to turn to.
The Alzheimer's and Dementia Support Service offer a range of services, from cafes and Carers Groups, where people can get together with others who are affected by dementia, to training sessions for people to learn more about the condition.
We can support people in their own homes, with one-to-one support, and provide a telephone support service for Carers to answer questions or just talk through something that is causing concern.
If you would like to find out how the Alzheimer and Dementia Support Service could help you, contact us:
- Website: www.alz-dem.org
- Tel: 01474 533990
- Write to: Alzheimer's and Dementia Support Services, The Basement, Dene Holm House, Dene Holm Road, Northfleet, Kent DA11 8JY
Services available include:
- Carers support groups
- Support at home - supporting your independence
- One to one support for carers
- Memory Cafes
- Garden Lodge Day Centre - Daily cognitive therapies
- Carers learning groups
- Peer support groups
- Support at Home Plus - domiciliary services
- Dementia Buddy Scheme at your local hospital
- Early Stages Club
- Singing for the Brain
- 24 Hour Kent Dementia Helpline: 0800 500 3014