The HSO has the use of a master key, which gives access to your home. This is retained for emergencies, and its use is strictly monitored and recorded. The master key will be used if:
- You fail to respond to the morning intercom call and have not informed the HSO you are going out.
- You pull the emergency cord and ask for assistance but cannot get to the door.
- You pull the emergency cord but do not answer, or you are unable to speak.
- There is a fire, flood, explosion or other emergency causing damage to the property.
- Access is required by the emergency services.
- Any other unusual situation arises which causes the HSO or the central control centre to have concern about your health or well-being.