Renting a garage
The Council owns garages which are available to rent in the following areas of the Borough:
- Dartford (Fulwich Road and Mayfair Road)
- Fleet Estate
- Sutton at Hone
- Temple Hill
- The Homestead
Weekly charges from 05 April 2021
£15.10 (Council tenants and leaseholders - no VAT included)
£17.92 (Non-Council tenants - VAT included)
The figures shown are the gross weekly charges.
Please note the following conditions:
- Tenancies always commence on a Monday. Please make an appointment with the customer services team by calling 01322 343096. Appointments must be made in advance and are only available on Monday
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or over and must provide:
- two forms of ID (one with their photo and one with their address, driving licence is sufficient for both)
- date of birth
- national insurance number
- The rent is payable by Direct Debit only; this can be weekly or monthly on 1st, 9th, 16th or 23rd of each month but is always due in advance. Four weeks rent is payable in advance when you collect your keys and the tenancy must remain in credit for the duration of its term. Should your Direct Debit be cancelled at any point, then the tenancy will automatically end and the garage will be repossessed. This will incur additional charges
- Applications for garages will only be accepted if there is no other debt owed to the Council. This includes rent, service charges or any other debt including housing benefit and Council Tax, and applies to all members of the same household until all debts have been cleared in full
- Garages in the area requested are not always immediately available. If there are no vacancies at the time you express your interest, your details will be placed on a waiting list
- Garages are allocated according to the date of application
- A maximum of two garages only can be rented by the same person or household at any one time
Generally the garages are 2m wide by 1.9m high by 5m deep.
If you would like to rent a garage, please contact us using our online form, Contact the Customer Services Team including your name, address and area of interest (from those shown above).