Report an HMO
We are working hard to identify houses in multiple occupation (HMOs) across the borough, to ensure they meet the appropriate standards, that they are adequately managed and where applicable, have an HMO licence.
Inspecting and licensing HMOs aims to:
- Protect the health, safety and welfare of all occupiers
- Help integrate HMOs into neighbourhoods
- Help in the reduction of anti-social behaviour
- Improve the quality of the HMO housing rental stock.
If you suspect any property within the borough is operating as an unlicensed HMO let us know. We will need the following information:
- The address or location of the HMO
- The property type eg house, flat etc
- To tell us how many people you think are living there
- To tell us what you are concerned about, such as disrepair or overcrowding
- Any contact details you have, such as for the landlord of the property
- Your name, address and contact details
If you suspect any property within the borough is operating as an unlicensed HMO let us know