Why do I need it:

As your landlord we do not cover your contents as part of the tenancy agreement. It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for in order to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one.

Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen so home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind.

To help you decide whether home contents insurance is right for you, Dartford Borough Council has teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks, and Ageas Insurance Limited who provide the Crystal Insurance Scheme, a specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policy.

The Crystal Insurance Scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.

The quickest way to find out more information is to:

*         Visit www.crystal-insurance.co.uk, where you can also request a free call back.

*         Call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7288

Alternatively, please ask your Housing Officer for an application pack which needs to be completed and sent back to Crystal Insurance.

The Crystal Insurance Scheme is a product name arranged and administered by Thistle Tenant Risks a trading style of Thistle Insurance Services Limited. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington's Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is part of the PIB Group. For information about what we do with personal data please see our Privacy Policy at www.crystal-insurance.co.uk/Privacy-Policy

References on this website to any specific commercial products, process, service, manufacturer, company, or trademark does not constitute its endorsement or recommendation by Dartford Borough Council. The inclusion of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement or recommendation by Dartford Borough Council of the linked web resources or the information, products, or services contained therein. We do not exercise any control over the content on these sites. You are subject to that site’s privacy policy when you leave this site. All material contained within www.crystal-insurance.co.uk and on any pages to which it is linked, is completely independent of Dartford Borough Council, and in no way represents its interests or policies.