Dartford Health Walks is an accredited Walking for Health scheme. Walking for Health, managed by the Ramblers and Macmillan Cancer Support, is a national programme of free, short, accessible and sociable walks that last around 30-90 minutes. They aim to help people get the most out of walking for their physical and mental health, plus they provide a great opportunity to meet new people!
The walks are FREE to take part in and are led by trained Health Walk Leaders. They are great for people getting little or no exercise or who are recovering from or suffering from an illness.
Walkers of any age or ability are welcome at these weekly walks. Just dress for the weather and wear comfortable footwear.
For more information on Health Walks please contact the Healthy Living Team on 01322 343067.
- Healthy Living Centre Walk
This is a transition walk. Various starting and finishing points.
- Darenth Country Park Walk
Starting and finishing in the Darent Valley Hospital reception area
- Dartford Heath Walk Tuesdays, 10am. Starting and finishing at Upper Heath Lane. This walk takes you around Dartford Heath. The walk is generally 45-90 minutes.
- Greenhithe Walk Wednesdays, 10.30am. Starting and finishing at 'The Place' Community Café at St Mary's Greenhithe, London Road.
- Central Park Walk Thursdays, 11.30am. Starting and finishing at the War Memorial outside Central Park, Dartford
- Swanscombe Walk Fridays, 10am. Starting and finishing outside the Old Fire Station, Church Street, Swanscombe.
- Swanscombe - Castle Hill Walk Sundays, 9am. Starting and finishing at Castle Hill Community Centre, Cherry Orchard, Ebbsfleet Valley, Swanscombe, DA10 1AD. A 30-40 minute walk around the new development at Castle Hill. The majority of the walk is on paved pathways and is suitable for pushchairs. The walk is run by 'Active Church'. Walkers are welcome to stay for a light, healthy breakfast and a short interactive presentation on spiritual health from a Christian perspective.
Do you want to become a volunteer Health Walk Leader:
We are keen to expand the Dartford Health Walk programme and we need committed volunteers who are willing to give up some of their time to help lead these walks. If you're interested in this opportunity and would like more information, call 01322 343067 or visit our page on becoming a volunteer Health Walk Leader.