The Dartford Business Awards are back for 2023, and will celebrate the inspiring companies and individuals who have given so much to the borough.
As ever, Dartford Borough Council is organising the awards with several core partners, sponsors and local ambassadors. There are a number of different awards categories; all of which are free to enter and designed to cater for every size of business, from the smallest to the largest in the borough.
This year’s categories are:
- Best Owner-Managed Business – sponsored by The Nucleus Business & Innovation Centre, Oxford Innovation Space and ARC UK
- Employee of the Year - sponsored by The Learning Shop and Fairfield Leisure
- Young Person of the Year – sponsored by North Kent College
- The Dartford Living Customer’s Choice Award – sponsored by Dartford Living
- Shop of the Year – sponsored by Bluewater
- The Commitment to Skills Award – sponsored by Leigh Academies Trust / LAT Apprenticeships
- The Green Award – sponsored by Urbaser
- Best Marketing Campaign – sponsored by Made in Kent Radio
- The Good for the Community Award – sponsored by Amazon LCY3
Entrants and winners can expect to receive a number of business-building benefits, such as promotion through media and networking opportunities. To enter your business into the Dartford Business Awards, you must be based in the Dartford Borough Council business rates areas, and must have been trading for a full year to January 1st, 2023.
Leader of the Council Jeremy Kite MBE said: “The Dartford Business Awards are always a real highlight in my calendar, and I’m delighted that they’re back again this year. This will be our fifth awards ceremony, and I’m hoping that this will be the biggest and best one yet.
It has been another brilliant year for local companies, who have demonstrated time and time again how dedicated they are to serving the people of Dartford, and I am eternally grateful for their commitment. It’s going to be a great evening, so make sure to submit your applications!”
Lead Member for Business Councillor Avtar Sandhu MBE said: “It’s great to see the Dartford Business Awards returning for its fifth year, every year it seems to go from strength to strength. With nine different awards there’s something for every business to get involved with, including start-ups importantly. It’s always fantastic to see the local business community coming together and I’m sure this will be another cracking year.”
To enter or submit your nomination by the deadline of Monday 11th September, visit www.dartfordbusinessawards.co.uk, or contact email@example.com to find out more. You can also follow the Awards on Facebook or on Twitter.
The awards evening takes place on Thursday 12th October at Bluewater Shopping Centre.
The 2023 Dartford Business Awards are sponsored by:
- Amazon LCY3
- ARC UK
- Bluewater Shopping Centre
- Dartford Borough Council
- Dartford Living
- Fairfield Leisure
- LAT Apprenticeships
- Leigh Academies Trust
- Made in Kent Radio
- North Kent College
- Oxford Innovation Space
- The Learning Shop
- The Nucleus Business & Innovation Centre