Bay suspension:

An on-street bay regulation may be suspended by 'Notice' in order to facilitate works in or next to the bay. Contractors must request a bay suspension (at least two weeks in advance of the works start) and provide the Kent County Council work permit number when opening the highway, and the date and location of the works.

The Council will produce a 'Parking places suspension Notice' and install it on-site approximately one week before the works are due to start. A £75 administration fee applies and bay suspension applications are made using the Council's permit application system. Payment card details are required to complete the application process.

The contractor will secure the space it needs at site for the duration of the works.