Blue Badges are issued by The Blue Badge Service at Kent County Council and further information about eligibility is available on the Kent-Blue-Badge.

Blue Badge holders are advised to read The Blue Badge scheme: rights and responsibilities in England - book fully before using their badge and clock.

Information about the Council's disabled persons parking bay application process.


1. You must hold a current and valid blue badge Blue Badge applications are dealt with by Kent County Council on 01622 605020 or Kent Blue Badge - A copy of your blue badge should be attached to the application form.

2. You should also be the driver of the vehicle requesting the disabled bay. Any exceptions to this should be stated in writing and accompany the application. All exceptions will be considered and a recommendation made.

3. You must receive, or have proof of entitlement to:-

  • If aged 65 or over, Attendance Allowance at the higher rate (or Disability Living Allowance for adults at the higher rate of the mobility component)
  • If aged between 16 to 64 years of age Personal Independence Payment (PIP) at the enhanced rate of the mobility component (or Disability Living Allowance for adults at the higher rate of the mobility component)
  • If aged 16 or under, Disability Living Allowance for children at the higher rate of the mobility component
  • War Pension

Copies of your benefit entitlement should be attached to the application form.
For enquiries relating to disability benefits please contact: Disability Benefits Helpline
Attendance Allowance 0345 605 6055
Personal Independence Payment (PIP) 0345 850 3322
Disability Living Allowance 0345 712 3456

4. You must be unable to walk to and from places where adequate car parking is available

5. The vehicle used to transport you should normally be kept at your home address and be registered at that address. If the main driver of the vehicle does not reside at your property, the bay will in most cases be refused

6. You must not have any space available for parking your vehicle in an Off Street Parking facility eg: garage, driveway

You may wish to consider having your own off road parking constructed. Before starting any works you should check:

  • if you need planning permission from Dartford Borough Council
  • if you need permission for a dropped kerb from Kent County Council

You may wish to apply for a disabled facilities grant from Kent County Council Social Services on 0300 333 5540.
There must be an existing problem, in your area, with the amount of on-street car parking, which regularly prevents the applicant finding available space on street, close to their property when required.

Please read the attached letter and then Apply here  uploading the necessary evidence for eligibility using the Council's permit application system. Printed copies of the forms are available on request. Tel 01322 343434. 

Parking places in the borough of Dartford