Dartford is currently served by several train stations:
- Dartford train station is a five minute walk from Dartford town centre. Trains run to Dartford from London Charing Cross, London Canon Street, Waterloo East, London Bridge and London Victoria. The North Kent Line also runs from Dartford to the Medway towns and the Kent coast
- Stone Crossing train station serves the communities of Stone and Crossways business park. It is on the North Kent Line
- Greenhithe train station serves the communities of Greenhithe and Bluewater shopping and leisure complex. It is on the North Kent Line. A Railbus runs from Greenhithe station to Bluewater
- Swanscombe train station is on the North Kent Line
- Farningham Road train station is on the London Victoria line and trains also run to the Medway towns and the Kent Coast
- Longfield train station is on the London Victoria line and trains also run to the Medway towns and the Kent Coast
For details of timetables, ticketing and electronic departure boards, see the National Rail Enquiries website. They also offer accessibility information. To plan your journey go to www.traveline.org.uk
In 2007 Ebbsfleet train station was opened connecting Dartford to London St. Pancras and Stratford via a high speed train link significantly reducing journey times to London.
It also connects Dartford to the continent via the Channel Tunnel Rail Link.