Local Planning Authorities are tasked with producing a 'Brownfield Land Register' every year, identifying previously developed land for potential housing use.
The official Dartford Brownfield Land Register (December 2022) is available: Dartford Brownfield Land Register (December 2022) Access the Brownfield Land Register site plans. There are no entries on the Part 2 register.
A basic dataset for each site has been submitted to government, to make the information publicly available. The Brownfield Land Register data is available below in CSV and shape file format:
This data is provided under the Open Government Licence.
Future Register Entries
In line with the Regulations, Dartford updates the Brownfield Land Register each year in December, therefore any sites submitted before 30 September may then be considered for assessment and potential inclusion in the next Register. Please use the Submission Form below if you need to put forward your land for inclusion on the Register. The following form outlines a series of questions and details that need to be provided in order for sites to be considered. This should include site location, confirmation that the site is brownfield land and the scale of development.
This form is aimed at site owners and land agents who hold an interest in potential brownfield land sites within the borough of Dartford which may come forward for development over the next 15 years. The sites will be assessed by the council against The Town and Country Planning (Brownfield Land Register) Register 2017.
- A separate form should be submitted for each individual site
- Sites should become available for (re)development within 15 years
- A proper site plan (with boundaries on a suitable base map) should be submitted with the site as an attachment to the form
- Additional useful materials will also be accepted as attachments. However, the form should be completed as comprehensively as possible.
- Sites should have a site area of at least 0.25 hectares or be able to accommodate 5 or more dwellings
Please note that whilst all proposed sites will be assessed, the submission of a completed form to the Council does not guarantee that the site will be added to the Register, and that the Planning team may wish to contact you for further information.
Questions, completed forms and data protection
If you have any queries with regard to completing this form then please contact the Planning Policy Team on 01322 343213 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting this form to the Council you are giving the Council permission to:
- hold your details and the information you have provided on our database and
- to make components of your response publicly available (site information submitted in this form will be included in the Local Plan evidence base and therefore could be made publicly available - your details will be held on our database but will not be published).
If you would like to be kept informed of Planning Policy news please complete this additional online form to be added to our database.