Referendum on the Stone Neighbourhood Plan
In January 2022, an independent Examiner recommended that the Stone Neighbourhood Plan should proceed to a referendum, subject to a number of modifications. Dartford Borough Council decided to accept all the recommendations in the Examiner’s Report and a referendum on the modified Neighbourhood Plan took place on 26 May 2022. It was decided that the Neighbourhood Plan for Stone should be used by Dartford Borough Council to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area. The results of the referendum are on the Elections Neighbourhood Planning Referendum webpage. The Borough Council will now proceed to formally make the Neighbourhood Plan, after which it will hold Development Plan status.
The relevant documents are below:
- Stone Neighbourhood Plan 2022 (referendum version)
- Examiner's Report January 2022
- Summary of Representations
- Basic Conditions and Compliance Statement April 2022
- Planning and Referendum Statement April 2022
- Dartford Borough Council Decision Statement February 2022
Previous Consultation on Stone Neighbourhood Plan
We carried out a consultation on the Draft Stone Neighbourhood Plan in May 2021. At the request of the Examiner, we undertook a further focussed consultation in September 2021 to consider the implications of the revised National Planning Policy Framework, published in July 2021. The responses received on these consultations are on the Stone Neighbourhood Plan Responses webpage.
There are a number of documents which were published to support the draft Neighbourhood Plan in May 2021:
- Neighbourhood Plan Boundary 2016
- Basic Conditions Statement October 2020
- Consultation Statement October 2020
- Strategic Environmental Assessment and Habitats Regulations Assessment Screening Opinion February 2019
- Statement of Representations Procedure
The Neighbourhood Plan is supported by evidence which can be found on the Stone Parish Evidence Base page. The Consultation Statement appendices are also available on the Evidence Base webpage.